Indicates Technical Paper
Chubby Blonde? Slim and Dark? Lab
Mice Take After Mom's Diet, by Sharon Begley,
Science Journal, Wall Street Journal
- Study shows plants inherit traits from more than gene sequence alone, Review by
Ellen Thompson (in Erekalert.org), Washington University, February 11, 2002
- The Best Kept Secret of GM Crops, Witness Statement to ACRE,
For ACRE open hearing on the criticisms of T25 GM maize risk
assessment, Dr. Mae-Wan Ho, I-SIS
- Europe's New Rules Could Sink All GMOs
The Institute of Science in Society, August 28, 2001
- Environmental Influences on Gene Silencing, ISB News, August 2001
- Gene Silencing as an Adaptive Defence Against Viruses, ABSTRACT,
Nature 411, June 15, 2001
- Questionable Stability at JIC,
I-SIS Press Release, March 4, 2001
- Top Research Centre Admits GM Failure, I-SIS News, February 2001
- The specificity determinant of an RNA-based immune system in plants?
John Innes Centre, annual report, 1999 - 2000, p60-61.
- Plant DNA viruses and gene silencing (Abstract), Plant Molecular
Biology vol. 43 (2/3) p.307-322, 2000
- A geneticist's view of the dangers of GM, Ethical Consumer Magazine,
UK, June/July 2000
- Excerpt from an article by Heslop-Harrison in the journal
Plant Cell Vol. 12 (5)2000
- Plants rendered herbicide-susceptible by cauliflower mosaic
virus–elicited suppression of a 35S promoter-regulated transgene,
ABSTRACT, Nature Biotechnology, September 2000
- Premature polyadenylation contributes to
the poor expression of the Bacillus thuringiensis cry3Ca1 gene in
transgenic potato plants-- abstract,
Molecular and General Genetics, Published online: 17 June 2000
- Gene silencing in worms and fungi, Nature: 404, p. 245, March 16, 2000.
- Suppression of gene silencing: A general strategy
used by diverse DNA and RNA viruses of plants, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences,
96(24):14147-14152, November 23, 1999.
- Candidate 'Gene Silencers' Found,
Science, 286(5441):886, October 29, 1999.
- Strong host resistance targeted against a viral
suppressor of the plant gene silencing defence
mechanism, The EMBO Journal, 18:2683-2691, 1999.
- Virus resistance and gene silencing in plants can be
induced by simultaneous expression of sense and
antisense RNA, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 95(23):13959-13964, November 10, 1998.
- Plant gene silencing regularized, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 95:13349-13351, November 1998.
- A viral suppressor of gene silencing in plants,
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 95(22):13079-13084, October 27, 1998.
- Transcriptional and Posttranscriptional Plant
Gene Silencing in Response to a Pathogen, Science, 279(5359):2113-2115, March 2, 1998.
- Release of
epigenetic gene silencing by trans-acting mutations in Arabidopsis, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 95:32-637, January 1998.
- CpG methylation, chromatin structure and gene
silencing: a three-way connection, The EMBO Journal, 17:4905-4908, 1998.
- A Similarity Between Viral Defense and Gene
Silencing in Plants, Science, 276(5318):1558-1560, June 6, 1997.
- Epigenetic transcriptional silencing and
5-azacytidine-mediated reactivation of a complex transgene in rice, Plant Physiology,
- Consistent gene silencing in transgenic plants
expressing a replicating potato virus X RNA, The EMBO Journal, 16(12):3675-3684, 1997.
- Gene Silencing in a Polyploid Homosporous Fern: Paleopolyploidy
Revisited, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 88:1602-1605, 1991.
- Flavonoid genes in petunia: addition of a limited
number of gene copies may lead to a suppression of gene expression,
The Plant Cell, 2:291-299,1990.
Rate of gene silencing at duplicate loci: a theoretical
study and interpretation of data from tetraploid fishes, Genetics, 95:237-258, 1980.